Working on a film production soon?
Want to maximize the sound?
Missing the best mic solutions?
We are glad to announce our partnership with DPA microphones in supporting the community of aspiring and indie filmmakers who are ready to bring their skills to the next level and unleash the story telling potential of their film projects.
We are looking for film projects that need great sound. Give us some details about your project and if we choose it, we will provide you with a full mic package for filming. In addition, one of our mentors, an experienced sound engineer, will be available for an educational chat to discuss mics, gaining experience in the business, sound capture techniques and ultimately to inspire you – whatever you’re interested in!
Sound is an important aspect of film production
A great film deserves great sound. Sound helps to deliver information, evokes emotional responses and indicates moods. It works in tandem with the pictures on screen to engage the audience and it can elevate the movie-going experience.
We’re looking for upcoming film projects that could use some upgraded sound solutions. Are you planning an indie, no budget, low budget, or other type of film? If you are willing and able to share some information about it, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re selecting three noteworthy film projects to receive a complete DPA film kit with a perfect partner package of Rycote® accessories. If other DPA mics are needed for the project, they will be made available for loan during the filming period. In addition, each project’s sound engineer will receive a one-on-one mentoring session with an established sound engineer within the film industry.
The DPA microphones
Each chosen project will be provided with one of each of the mics listed below (winners prize). In addtion, if other DPA mics are needed for the project, they will be made available for loan.
4017 Shotgun Mic
The 4017 Shotgun Microphone has a hypercardioid pickup pattern designed with a unique interference tube that provides excellent off-axis rejection. This unique directional pattern is useful when you need high directivity with high background noise rejection.
4097 Micro Shotgun Mic
A perfect plant mic in difficult filming locations like a car, the 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun is small, slim and unobtrusive with a supercardioid pattern and a built-in shock mount. Just attach it to a transmitter, set it in place and point it towards the actors. It’s ready for action.
6060 CORE Subminiature Mic
With 6060 CORE Subminiature Mics you can capture the best possible sound, while at the same time completely concealing the microphone. These mics allow you to ensure repeatable, superior sound quality, unseen by the audience.
Rycote selected accessories
Each chosen project will be provided with one of each of the Rycote® accessories listed below (winner prize). In addtion, if other Rycote accessories are needed for the project, they will be made available for loan.
Cyclone Windshield Kit, Medium
This durable windshield system possesses outstanding, consistent performance while being easy to maintain as it does not use fur. The Cyclone is truly evolutionary, made with advanced 3D-Tex® material in a unique design. For use with the 4017 Shotgun Mic
Product Code : 089102
The original slip-on windshield, the Classic-Softie offers proven, cost-effective wind protection at a moment’s notice. Advanced materials, adhesives and assembly techniques all combine to make the Softie an extremely tough product that provides excellent wind protection to withstand the harshest environments. For use with the 4017 Shotgun Mic.
Product Code : 033332
Cyclone Handle PCS
The Cyclone Handle PCS (Professional Connection System) is the perfect accessory kit for the Cyclone and Stereo Cyclone windshield. Not only does it allow the user to extend and hand-control their mic but also the user can quickly attach and detach the Cyclone using the highly innovative PCS feature. For use with the 4017 Shotgun Mic.
Product Code : 042283
DPA 4099/4097 Mini Windjammer
Offering excellent, effective protection against wind noise, our DPA 4099 Windjammer is easy-to-fit slip-on fur for use when recording outside or in a windy condition. For use with the 4097 Micro Shotgun Mic.
Product Code : 055427
DPA 4099/4097 Mini Windjammer
A range of high-quality accessories for use with the 6060 CORE
065552 Black Ristretto Lavalier Windjammer – pair
065553 Grey Ristretto Lavalier Windjammer – pair
065554 White Ristretto Lavalier Windjammer – pair
066301 Stickies Adv, 23mm Round (Pack)
065101 Undercovers, Black – 30 Undercovers/30 Stickies Original
066305 Overcovers Adv, Black (Pack)
066306 Overcovers Adv, Grey (Pack)
066307 Overcovers Adv, Beige (Pack)
066308 Overcovers Adv, White (Pack)
105504 Miniature Lavalier Foams Black (1 pack of 2)
Meet the mentors
Antoin Cox is a Production Sound Mixer based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. He has been working in the industry since he graduated from film school with a degree in sound design and production sound recording in 1999. That same year, he started working on his first feature film. Since then, Antoin has captured sound on a wide range of projects across the globe, including feature films, dramas, documentaries, TV series and commercials. In his many years in the industry, he has also gathered experience with sound design and post production as well.
Bryan ”Sol” Aponte
Bryan “Sol” Aponte is a veteran sound mixer with twenty years’ experience under his belt and two Emmy Award nominations to show for it. Shortly after graduating cum laude from Long Island University’s School of Media Arts in 1999, Sol immediately began his professional career at BET at their then headquarters in Washington, D.C. It was there that he learned the mechanics of recording and mixing for television as he recorded voice overs and mixed network promos, worked on live news programs, music shows as well as live sound mixing at the networks own jazz club.
Stéphane Bucher is an established and highly-respected sound recordist for film and television. He started his career in 1998. In most recent years, he has risen through the ranks and has worked with some of Hollywood’s most successful directors like Luc Besson, Ridley Scott, Damien Chazelle, James Mangold.
Tim White has spent over 30 years recording sound for TV and feature films. From his start in TV in Bristol in the 80s, he has worked on a broad range of film and TV drama projects from ‘Third Star’ to ‘Nathan Barley’. He was awarded BAFTA and the RTS awards in 2006/7 for ‘9/11: The Twin Towers’. Tim has recorded numerous IMAX projects, of which, ‘Journey to Mecca’ won GSCA Best Sound in 2009. He has worked on numerous major studio films, often mixing the 2nd unit from, ‘Bond’ to ‘Star Wars’.
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter the Competition and details regarding the Competition contained herein form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into and participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. This Competition is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, contest or promotion by DPA Microphones, Rycote (“the Organizers”) or their affiliates.
3. The Competition is free to enter and open to any person, except employees of the Organizers. The Competition will be void in any jurisdiction where it is prohibited.
4. The Competition commences at 12.00 midday CEST on October 1, 2020 and closes at 12.00 midday CEST on November 30, 2020. All entries must be received via the Competition Form during this time.
5. By entering the Competition, Entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Any Entrants who have supplied incomplete, inaccurate or fraudulent information may be disqualified. The Organizers reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant if there are reasonable grounds to believe that an Entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions or has tampered with the Competition process. Failure by the Organizers to enforce any of their rights at any stage of the Competition does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. By entering the Competition, Entrants acknowledge, agree and declare that they are aware that their participation is entirely at their own risk and that they hereby waive, surrender and relinquish in favor of the Organizers all claims of any nature and howsoever arising (including as a result of negligence) which but for this waiver, surrender and relinquishment they may or otherwise have against the Organizers either directly or indirectly arising out of their participation in the Competition.
Judging and selection of Projects
7. A Judging Panel shall be appointed by the Organizers and will include representatives of each company as well as established film sound engineers. The judging shall be based only on the subjective individual opinions of the Judging Panel and shall be final. The Organizers accept no liability for the decisions made by the Judging Panel, and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
8. Three (3) Projects will be chosen by the Judging Panel.
9. If the entry is chosen as a final contender the Organizers will attempt to contact the Entrant by December 15, 2020 via email or phone.
10. When a Project is selected, the Entrant must fulfill the following requirements by January 15, 2021:
- You must execute a release agreement wherein you accept responsibility for obtaining all clearances necessary to exhibit and promote your Project and any promotional materials provided by you in connection with the Competition.
- Warrant that you have the rights necessary for the Organizers to exhibit and promote your Project and use any promotional materials provided by you in connection with the Competition without royalty, payment or other compensation.
- Indemnify and hold harmless the Competition, the Organizers and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition and promotion of your Project in connection with the Competition.
11. Each Winner shall be entitled to receive a Mentoring Session with one of the Mentors described within the Competition promotion material as well as a Competition Prize Pack. The choice of Mentor for each Project will be determined by the Judging Panel. The timing of the Mentoring Session shall be agreed upon between the Mentor and the Winner.
Privacy, communication and liability
13. The Organizers shall not be liable for any tax payable on the value of a Prize Pack in a Winner’s country, and any tax payable shall be borne by each Winner. Where required by law, the Organizers shall inform the local taxation authorities of the Prize Pack received by the Winner.
14. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers, they reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
15. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Organizers (including their officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: d. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether under the Organizers’ control or not). e. Any theft, unauthorized access or third-party interference. f. Any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (before or after receipt by the Organizers) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers. g. Any variation in the type and specifications of the Prize Pack to that stated in these Terms and Conditions and/or on the Competition information promoted on the Organizers’ websites. h. Any Prize Pack that has not been received by the claimant after dispatch by the Organizers. i. Any Prize Pack that has been damaged in transit. j. Any tax liability incurred by an Entrant. k. Use of the Prize Pack.
Sign up for our newsletter
Be the first to hear about our new products, workshops, events, contests, offers and more.